Pub brawl: Errant players to explain
Mumbai: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) issued a show-caused notice on Tuesday to six Indian cricketers who were involved in a brawl with fans at a pub in West Indies last Tuesday.
The show-cause notice was issued to Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Ashish Nehra, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla and Zaheer Khan by BCCI secretary N Srinivasan at board president Shashank Manohar’s behest.
According to an Indian news daily, four of this six players, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Ashish Nehra and Ravindra Jadeja, will also be omitted from the side that will be chosen to tour Sri Lanka for the Asia Cup next month.
The board, however, has no complaints against skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni as they feel that the issue was handled well by him, though he had erred in cricketing decisions.
“The board has no issue with the captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and the president doesn’t doubt his integrity,” said a source.
The BCCI has asked the team manager for the World Cup tour, Ranjib Biswal, to submit a report on India’s performance at tour and the reason’s behind the team’s ouster from the tournament.
Biswal submitted the report on Saturday, which also had his first-hand information on the brawl that happened between the Indian players and some fans from the US over dinner has led to strong action by the board.
Sources added that there were a few more players than those being show-caused at the pub but they had no role to play in the fracas and hence will be left with a warning for now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends