Puducherry: 2 police officers remanded to 15 days judicial custody
Puducherry: A local court on Monday remanded to 15 days judicial custody an Inspector of Police and sub inspector, arrested on charges of acting in a partisan manner in filing cases during the labour unrest at a ceramics factory at Yanam on January 27 this year.
Judicial Magistrate Damodaran remanded the two police officers, arrested on October 17.
Yanam, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh, witnessed widespread violence on January 27 when workers went on rampage after the alleged death of a trade union leader in police custody.
The vice president of the management of the factory Chandrasekar was assaulted by an angry group resulting in his death that day.
The factory and its properties suffered damages and a lockout had since been declared.
Puducherry government referred the case to CBI who had since arrested the two police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!