Puducherry: 2 police officers remanded to 15 days judicial custody
Puducherry: A local court on Monday remanded to 15 days judicial custody an Inspector of Police and sub inspector, arrested on charges of acting in a partisan manner in filing cases during the labour unrest at a ceramics factory at Yanam on January 27 this year.
Judicial Magistrate Damodaran remanded the two police officers, arrested on October 17.
Yanam, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh, witnessed widespread violence on January 27 when workers went on rampage after the alleged death of a trade union leader in police custody.
The vice president of the management of the factory Chandrasekar was assaulted by an angry group resulting in his death that day.
The factory and its properties suffered damages and a lockout had since been declared.
Puducherry government referred the case to CBI who had since arrested the two police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you