Puducherry: 2 police officers remanded to 15 days judicial custody
Puducherry: A local court on Monday remanded to 15 days judicial custody an Inspector of Police and sub inspector, arrested on charges of acting in a partisan manner in filing cases during the labour unrest at a ceramics factory at Yanam on January 27 this year.
Judicial Magistrate Damodaran remanded the two police officers, arrested on October 17.
Yanam, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh, witnessed widespread violence on January 27 when workers went on rampage after the alleged death of a trade union leader in police custody.
The vice president of the management of the factory Chandrasekar was assaulted by an angry group resulting in his death that day.
The factory and its properties suffered damages and a lockout had since been declared.
Puducherry government referred the case to CBI who had since arrested the two police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed