`Puducherry a child labour free Union territory`
Puducherry: Union Territory of Puducherry is free from menace of `child labour` and the Administration has launched several welfare measures for betterment of children, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Tuesday.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Labour Department to observe the `World Day against Child Labour` here.
A survey conducted on the premises of 2232 industrial units, hotels and other places last year had shown that there was no child labour anwhere in Puducherry and this trend should be maintained without break, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- These 5 automakers are looking for a turnaround in India –Know
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue