`Puducherry a child labour free Union territory`
Puducherry: Union Territory of Puducherry is free from menace of `child labour` and the Administration has launched several welfare measures for betterment of children, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Tuesday.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Labour Department to observe the `World Day against Child Labour` here.
A survey conducted on the premises of 2232 industrial units, hotels and other places last year had shown that there was no child labour anwhere in Puducherry and this trend should be maintained without break, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway