`Puducherry a child labour free Union territory`
Puducherry: Union Territory of Puducherry is free from menace of `child labour` and the Administration has launched several welfare measures for betterment of children, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Tuesday.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Labour Department to observe the `World Day against Child Labour` here.
A survey conducted on the premises of 2232 industrial units, hotels and other places last year had shown that there was no child labour anwhere in Puducherry and this trend should be maintained without break, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi