`Puducherry a child labour free Union territory`
Puducherry: Union Territory of Puducherry is free from menace of `child labour` and the Administration has launched several welfare measures for betterment of children, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Tuesday.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Labour Department to observe the `World Day against Child Labour` here.
A survey conducted on the premises of 2232 industrial units, hotels and other places last year had shown that there was no child labour anwhere in Puducherry and this trend should be maintained without break, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen