`Puducherry a child labour free Union territory`
Puducherry: Union Territory of Puducherry is free from menace of `child labour` and the Administration has launched several welfare measures for betterment of children, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Tuesday.
He was addressing a seminar organised by Labour Department to observe the `World Day against Child Labour` here.
A survey conducted on the premises of 2232 industrial units, hotels and other places last year had shown that there was no child labour anwhere in Puducherry and this trend should be maintained without break, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray