Puducherry Assembly adjourned sine die
Puducherry: The budget session of the
Puducherry Assembly was adjourned sine die Thursday.
The House had held meetings for 12 days from August 18 when Lt Governor Iqbal Singh had presented the customary address to set the session in motion.
Speaker V.Sabapathy paid glowing tributes to former Tamil
Nadu Chief Minister C N Annadurai before adjourning the
session sine die as today was the leader`s 103rd birth
The Speaker referred to Annadurai`s magnanimity and cordial
attitude towards all including his adversaries in political
arena. "We should all emulate the good qualities of such great
leaders," Sabapathy said.
Earlier the House passed the Appropriation Bill 2011 tabled
by Chief Minister N.Rangasamy earmarking Rs 4,830 crore to the
government for fiscal 2011-2012.
This was the first budget session after the Rangasamy-led
All India NR Congress government came to power dislodging
Congress in the April 13 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you