Puducherry Assembly to have a day`s session on Tuesday
Puducherry: The territorial Assembly will
have a day`s session on Tuesday after a ten day respite.
The House had its brief interim budget session from
February 2 to 4.
Speaker R Radhakrishnan reconvened the Assembly in
keeping with his assurance to members made on the floor of
the House on February 4 that their demand for a day`s meeting
would be conceded. Very limited private members business is
scheduled for the meeting tomorrow, official sources told PTI.
This is virtually the last meeting of the present Assembly
in view of the assembly polls due in May. The interim budget
session passed vote on account earmarking funds for the
government for the first six months (April to September) of
the new fiscal 2011-2012.
Although the strength of the Assembly is 30, resignation
by former Chief Minister N.Rangasamy and his close
confidante and government whip P.Angalane has led to the House
having only 28 members including the Speaker. Of them 21
belong to the ruling bloc.Congress has 11 members.Its ally the
DMK with seven and three independents support the government
On the opposition side, AIADMK has three members followed
by PMK (two), CPI and MDMK one each.
There are three nominated members with Congress, PMK and
CPI having one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?