Puducherry CM thanks Jaya on Cauvery water award
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Thursday thanked his Tamil Nadu counterpart Jayalalithaa and the Centre after the notification of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal`s final award.
It would ensure availability of the quantum of inter-state river water allocated to Karaikal, part of the union territory, he said.
"I am grateful to the Centre and also to the Chief Minister Jayalalithaa as the notification would ensure availability of seven TMC feet of Cauvery water for the Union Territory of Puducherry which is among the riparian states covered by the award," he told a rally of the ruling AINRC, organised to press the Centre to grant statehood to Puducherry.
Hitting out at Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy for his "baseless and misleading allegations" that law and order had deteriorated in Puducherry, he said such outbursts would only scare tourists away from the place.
"I would be grateful to Narayanasamy if he could make a comparison between the situation during the previous (Congress) regime and now on the law and order situation," Rangasamy said while asking the Central Minister to clarify as to how many new projects he as a representative from Puducherry had brought to the Union Territory.
He also accused Narayanasamy of being behind the row over transfer of Finance Secretary.
"We wanted that such an official having an attitude to deny and delay proposals of the ministry should be replaced. Even here Narayanasamy intervened and ensured that Puducherry Government faced struggle to implement welfare schemes by having the official in the post of Finance Secretary through Home Ministry," he said.
The Chief Secretary had also been transferred by the Centre without informing the Chief Minister, he alleged while making out a case for granting statehood to Puducherry.
He appealed to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to ensure that adequate funds were available to Puducherry for rehabilitation of farmers, fishers and others hit by the Thane cyclone, for promotion of tourism and for other developmental projects.
The rally adopted a resolution asking the Centre to sanction statehood to Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today