Puducherry: Collector questioned again by CBI
Puducherry: District Collector G Ragesh Chandra
was on Friday questioned by CBI for the second time this week in
connection with a case registered against him and others over
alleged irregularities in construction of houses under the
tsunami rehabilitation project.
A team of CBI officials from Chennai, which had on August 2
conducted searches at Chandra`s residence and questioned him,
resumed the inquiry today and perused some documents, sources
Chandra is also a Special Secretary to Puducherry
Government and Director of Project Implementation Agency,
formed by the government for implementation of tsunami
rehabilitation and relief works in coastal villages.
The CBI registered the case on a complaint by an NGO
alleging irregularities in implementing the project and also
violation of tender rules in construction of hundreds of
houses for tsunami victims.
The team also visited the office of the Project
Implementation Agency near here, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack