Puducherry: Collector questioned again by CBI
Puducherry: District Collector G Ragesh Chandra
was on Friday questioned by CBI for the second time this week in
connection with a case registered against him and others over
alleged irregularities in construction of houses under the
tsunami rehabilitation project.
A team of CBI officials from Chennai, which had on August 2
conducted searches at Chandra`s residence and questioned him,
resumed the inquiry today and perused some documents, sources
Chandra is also a Special Secretary to Puducherry
Government and Director of Project Implementation Agency,
formed by the government for implementation of tsunami
rehabilitation and relief works in coastal villages.
The CBI registered the case on a complaint by an NGO
alleging irregularities in implementing the project and also
violation of tender rules in construction of hundreds of
houses for tsunami victims.
The team also visited the office of the Project
Implementation Agency near here, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them