Puducherry: Collector questioned again by CBI
Puducherry: District Collector G Ragesh Chandra
was on Friday questioned by CBI for the second time this week in
connection with a case registered against him and others over
alleged irregularities in construction of houses under the
tsunami rehabilitation project.
A team of CBI officials from Chennai, which had on August 2
conducted searches at Chandra`s residence and questioned him,
resumed the inquiry today and perused some documents, sources
Chandra is also a Special Secretary to Puducherry
Government and Director of Project Implementation Agency,
formed by the government for implementation of tsunami
rehabilitation and relief works in coastal villages.
The CBI registered the case on a complaint by an NGO
alleging irregularities in implementing the project and also
violation of tender rules in construction of hundreds of
houses for tsunami victims.
The team also visited the office of the Project
Implementation Agency near here, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Mutual fund folio count rises 12.5 lakh to 4.9 crore in June quarter
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats