Puducherry government to urge Centre to skip CHOGM
Puducherry: Puduchery Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Wednesday said he would write to the Centre demanding that India boycott the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) to be held in Colombo in November, protesting against Lankan Tamils issue.
As soon as the Assembly began, opposition AIADMK legislator A Anbalagan said the government should write to the Centre to urge that India skip the CHOGM meet.
He said Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa had already written to the Centre in this regard and Puducherry government should also follow the example of the neighbouring state.
Anbalagan said the House should adopt in the current session a resolution to demand that India skip the meet.
Replying to the member, Rangasamy said "we will also write to the Centre to urge that India skip the meet at Colombo.We will write the letter to the Centre immediately`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'
- Volkswagen's 'CrossBlue' SUV Spotted!
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Shaun Marsh breaks finger during practice, out of remaining part of ODI series
- Mahindra’s upcoming MPV to challenge Innova Crysta spied up close