Puducherry IAS/IPS officers have declared their assets: Secy
Puducherry: Terming as incorrect reports that bureaucrats in the union territory have not declared their assets this year, the Puducherry Government today said all the IAS officers had submitted details about their properties.
Details of immovable properties of IAS and IPS officers received by the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms had been forwarded to the Union Home Ministry which would soon take steps to display them on the website, Special Secretary to Government S Sundaravadivelou said in a release.
He said in a release here today that the report appearing in a section of the media that IAS officers working in Puducherry have not submitted details of their immovable properties for the year 2012 `is therefore not correct`.
Chief Secretary M. Sathiavathy had particularly filed her returns for 2012 on January 18 and particulars obtained from the officials had been forwarded to the Union Home Ministry on February 27, he said.
Since Puducherry was a Union Territory, the Union Home Ministry had to post the details on the website of the Department of Personnel and Training. Since this had not been done the names of IAS officers of Puducherry had been shown `as those who have not filed the returns`, he said.
Hence the report in a section of the media that IAS officials had not filed the returns of properties for 2012 `is not correct`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened