Puducherry: Police complaint against Edu Minister
Puducherry: Education officials in Tamil Nadu
have filed a complaint against Puducherry Education Minister
PML Kalyanasundram for allegedly using a proxy to write his
SSLC exam in that state recently.
"A complaint was filed today with the Crime Branch in
Villupuram by the district chief educational officer against
Kalyanasundaram and two others after a high-level committee
constituted to go into the charge found a prima facie case
against him," Tamil Nadu School Education Minister C V
Shanmugham told reporters here.
Besides Kalayanasundram, the other two brought under the
scanner are a school teacher in Tindivanam and an education
department officer in the district for their alleged
complicity in the episode, he said.
Meanwhile, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy met
Kalyanasundaram to discuss the issue.
Kalyanasundram had rubbished the charge as `politically
motivated` and said he was ready to face any probe.
He claimed he had appeared for the exam on September 29,
but could not write it the next day as he had to attend an
Kalyanasundaram had first appeared for SSLC exam in 1991
and passed in three of five subjects, except Science and
Social Sciences. He applied for the supplementary exam held on
Sept 29 and 30 stating his centre of preference as Tindivanam,
close to Puducherry.
The Union Territory does not have a separate education
board and follows the syllabus of Tamil Nadu state board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump