Puducherry selected for implementing JNNURM scheme
Puducherry: Central Urban Development Ministry has included Puducherry among the 63 cities for implementing Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) for extension of financial assistance to provide `urban infrastructure and governance`.
The statement of objects and reasons contained in the Puducherry Municipalities (Amendment) Bill 2010 passed in the Assembly yesterday stated that Puducherry Municipality and Oulgaret Municipality are eligible to get central assistance
under the JNNURM. The statement also said that the non mission cities-Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam-are also eligible to avail of the central assistance under the sub mission of JNNURM called `Urban Infrastructure Development Schem for Small and Medium
Puducherry administration had also inked a Memorandum of Agreement with the Urban Development Ministry which envisages 23 reforms in urban governance. The amendment to the Puducherry Municipalities Act 1973 is effected to implement the reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!