Puducherry selected for implementing JNNURM scheme
Puducherry: Central Urban Development Ministry has included Puducherry among the 63 cities for implementing Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) for extension of financial assistance to provide `urban infrastructure and governance`.
The statement of objects and reasons contained in the Puducherry Municipalities (Amendment) Bill 2010 passed in the Assembly yesterday stated that Puducherry Municipality and Oulgaret Municipality are eligible to get central assistance
under the JNNURM. The statement also said that the non mission cities-Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam-are also eligible to avail of the central assistance under the sub mission of JNNURM called `Urban Infrastructure Development Schem for Small and Medium
Puducherry administration had also inked a Memorandum of Agreement with the Urban Development Ministry which envisages 23 reforms in urban governance. The amendment to the Puducherry Municipalities Act 1973 is effected to implement the reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef