Puducherry steps up measures to check poll code violation
Puducherry: The Puducherry election authorities have intensified steps to curb malpractices ahead of the April 13 Assembly polls in the Union Territory and also to prevent violation of model code of conduct.
Flying squads for each of the 30 Assembly constituencies under the head of an executive magistrate have been formed in keeping with the directives of the Election Commission, District Election Officer G Ragesh Chandra said.
The public could pass on information of any malpractice or code violation anywhere to the election authorities over phone number 2240599, the official said. This facility would be available round the clock.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill