PULF-Azad militants remanded in police custody
Agartala: The militants of Manipur-based
outlawed People`s United Liberation Front-Azad (PULF-Azad),
have been remanded to police custody.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) of West Tripura district
remanded six militants of the outfit including it`s `army
chief` Abdur Rahaman to police custody yesterday.
The wife of Rahaman, Shamina who was also arrested along
with the militants arrested on Saturday, was sent to jail
custody for same number of days.
They were arrested when found moving suspiciously at
Nagerjala bus stand here on Saturday and later produced before
a local court which remanded them to two days jail custody.
Four mobile handsets without any SMS and Rs 50,000 in
cash were found from their possession, the police said.
The militants were identified as Abdur Rahaman, his wife
Shamima, Mohammad Jamir, Mohammad Nazir Ahmad, Abdul Kashim
and Firoz Khan.
During interrogation, the militants admitted that they
had gone to Bangladesh in March this year and crossed over to
Tripura to enter into Manipur, the police said.
A special interrogation team from Manipur would reach
here soon, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof