Punjab govt relaxes service rules for Kabaddi players
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Saturday approved relaxation in service conditions to give employment to Kabaddi players from the state who represented the country in the recently concluded World Cup in Patiala.
In recognition to winning performance of the Indian team in World Cup Kabaddi, the Council of Ministers, at its meeting here, gave approval in principle for relaxation in the Punjab State Agricultural Marketing Board (Class-III) Service Rules 1989 and Punjab Market Committees (Class III) Service Rules 1989 to give employment to the players.
The players will get jobs in the Mandi Board and Market Committees in the state, an official spokesman said here.
The decision was taken by Punjab council of ministers in its meeting here under the chairmanship of Chief minister Parkash Singh Badal.
India had won the world cup defeating arch rivals Pakistan 58-24 in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?