Punjab heading for a change: Ambika Soni
Hoshiarpur: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Monday claimed that the people of Punjab will vote the ruling SAD-BJP coalition out of power due to its "anti-people" policies and expressed confidence about Congress` thumping victory in the
Speaking after casting her vote at Bajwara near here today, Soni said people were fed up with policies of the SAD-BJP government which has "pushed the state to bankruptcy".
On reports of former chief minister and Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal`s aspirations of becoming the next CM, Soni said Bhattal was a loyal soldier of the Congress and would certainly abide by high command`s decision.
Taking a dig at social activist Anna Hazare, Soni accused him of playing politics in the name of anti-corruption movement.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had recently said that Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh was party`s chief ministerial candidate in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list