Punjab heading for a change: Ambika Soni
Hoshiarpur: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Monday claimed that the people of Punjab will vote the ruling SAD-BJP coalition out of power due to its "anti-people" policies and expressed confidence about Congress` thumping victory in the
Speaking after casting her vote at Bajwara near here today, Soni said people were fed up with policies of the SAD-BJP government which has "pushed the state to bankruptcy".
On reports of former chief minister and Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal`s aspirations of becoming the next CM, Soni said Bhattal was a loyal soldier of the Congress and would certainly abide by high command`s decision.
Taking a dig at social activist Anna Hazare, Soni accused him of playing politics in the name of anti-corruption movement.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had recently said that Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh was party`s chief ministerial candidate in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'