Punjab heading for a change: Ambika Soni
Hoshiarpur: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Monday claimed that the people of Punjab will vote the ruling SAD-BJP coalition out of power due to its "anti-people" policies and expressed confidence about Congress` thumping victory in the
Speaking after casting her vote at Bajwara near here today, Soni said people were fed up with policies of the SAD-BJP government which has "pushed the state to bankruptcy".
On reports of former chief minister and Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal`s aspirations of becoming the next CM, Soni said Bhattal was a loyal soldier of the Congress and would certainly abide by high command`s decision.
Taking a dig at social activist Anna Hazare, Soni accused him of playing politics in the name of anti-corruption movement.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had recently said that Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh was party`s chief ministerial candidate in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!