Qantas hails Mahindra Satyam`s performance in trying period
Melbourne: Australian airline Qantas has hailed the troubled outsourcing partner Mahindra Satyam stating that it maintained its level of service even during the tumultuous period.
In a report published in `The Australian`, Qantas
corporate services and technology executive manager David Hall
said despite the fraud saga, Satyam continues to service the
Flying Kangaroo. He described Satyam`s performance throughout
the tumultuous period as "impressive".
"We`ve been very impressed with what they`ve done ...
maintaining that level of support through that period," he
"Organizationally they`ve had some difficult times but we
have not seen a degradation of service at all, either locally
or offshore. They have maintained service levels and I think
that`s a credit to the organisation."
Satyam has two outsourcing contracts with Qantas for
custom application development and maintenance.
The first is a five-year contract signed three years back
worth USD 80 million while the other deal, valued at USD 55
million span seven years, ending in November 2013.
Qantas also has another India-based IT services partner
in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
TCS inked a seven-year contract worth around USD 90
million for a slew of IT application, transformation and
Hall said there were no immediate plans to expand the
roles of Satyam and TCS.
"We`re happy with where things are at the moment but if
there`s an opportunity to leverage more value through them we
He said Qantas was looking to generate greater value from
all of its technology suppliers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note