QPR mauled by rampant Wanderers
London: QPR suffered a brutal mauling on their return to the Premier League on Saturday, savaged 4-0 at home by Bolton on a disastrous afternoon for Neil Warnock`s newly promoted side.
After the euphoria of last season, when QPR were promoted as champions from the Championship, Warnock`s men were brought down to earth with a crashing thud in front of a packed Loftus Road.
It started promisingly for the west Londoners when summer signing DJ Campbell got the ball in the net early on only to be denied by a flag for offside.
But the wheels started to come off for Rangers after only five minutes, when summer signing Kieron Dyer -- aiming to relaunch his career following an injury-plagued four-year spell at West Ham -- was stretchered off.
QPR held out until the stroke of half-time but were dealt a cruel blow when Bolton defender Gary Cahill curled in a superb effort from 25 yards.
Thereafter Rangers were always struggling to get back in the game and the writing was on the wall on 67 minutes when Danny Gabbidon -- another of the home side`s summer signing -- turned in Chris Eagles` free-kick for an own goal.
Three minutes later and QPR were 3-0 down, Ivan Klasnic latching on to a Kevin Davies knock down and firing a deflected shot into the far corner.
Klasnic then turned creator for Bolton`s fourth goal on 79 minutes, playing in Fabrice Muamba, who coolly finished.
It hardly seemed possible, but the misery deepened for QPR in the closing minutes when Clint Hill was shown a red card for a deliberate heatbutt on Martin Petrov as Bolton played keep ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?