QPR mauled by rampant Wanderers
London: QPR suffered a brutal mauling on their return to the Premier League on Saturday, savaged 4-0 at home by Bolton on a disastrous afternoon for Neil Warnock`s newly promoted side.
After the euphoria of last season, when QPR were promoted as champions from the Championship, Warnock`s men were brought down to earth with a crashing thud in front of a packed Loftus Road.
It started promisingly for the west Londoners when summer signing DJ Campbell got the ball in the net early on only to be denied by a flag for offside.
But the wheels started to come off for Rangers after only five minutes, when summer signing Kieron Dyer -- aiming to relaunch his career following an injury-plagued four-year spell at West Ham -- was stretchered off.
QPR held out until the stroke of half-time but were dealt a cruel blow when Bolton defender Gary Cahill curled in a superb effort from 25 yards.
Thereafter Rangers were always struggling to get back in the game and the writing was on the wall on 67 minutes when Danny Gabbidon -- another of the home side`s summer signing -- turned in Chris Eagles` free-kick for an own goal.
Three minutes later and QPR were 3-0 down, Ivan Klasnic latching on to a Kevin Davies knock down and firing a deflected shot into the far corner.
Klasnic then turned creator for Bolton`s fourth goal on 79 minutes, playing in Fabrice Muamba, who coolly finished.
It hardly seemed possible, but the misery deepened for QPR in the closing minutes when Clint Hill was shown a red card for a deliberate heatbutt on Martin Petrov as Bolton played keep ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray