Quazigund-Anantnag section to be commissioned soon: Railways
New Delhi: The 20km-long Quazigund-Anantnag
rail track in the Kashmir Valley will be commissioned soon, a
top official in the Railways Ministry said on Monday.
The stretch of the Qazigund-Baramulla rail network
project, which has come up with an investment of Rs 3,200
crores, is expected to be commissioned anytime soon, Railway
Board (Engineering) member Rakesh Chopra told reporters on the
sidelines of a conference here.
The Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS) has already
given the go ahead for commissioning of the section, he said
on the sidelines of a CII-sponsored international conference
Railways had last year commissioned the other part of
this section from Anantnag to Baramulla.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh flagged off the first
train in this section from Anantnag to Mazhom in October last
year while the Mazhgom-Baramulla rail track was inaugurated by
Congress president Sonia Gandh in February this year.
Construction of the other two sections -- the Udhampur
Katra section and Katra Quazigund section -- is in progress.
Chopra said the Anand Vihar terminal on the Eastern
fringes of the national capital will also be commissioned
soon. It is being developed as a green filed project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read