Quitting GoM not enough, Pawar must quit as minister: Hazare
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna
Hazare on Wednesnight stepped up attack on Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar saying he resigning from Group of Ministers on
corruption will not serve purpose and he should quit the Union
Council of Ministers too.
"So what if he resigned from GoM, Pawar should resign as
Minister also. When he was Chief Minister, I returned the
Padmashri. Our problem has not been resolved by Pawar
resigning from GoM.
"One Pawar goes, another will come. We want a joint
committee," Hazare, who is on a fast-unto-death on Lokpal Bill
issue, told reporters reacting to Pawar`s resignation from the
Pawar earlier said that he has written a letter to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh informing him that he does not want to
be remain with the Ministerial panel. The panel is headed by
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
Pawar`s action came hours after he said that he would be
happy to be relieved from all ministerial panels, including
that on corruption.
Hazare(72) had said on Monday, "A minister like Sharad
Pawar, who is known for possessing large amounts of land in
Maharashtra, is heading a committee that will draft the (Lok
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!