Quitting GoM not enough, Pawar must quit as minister: Hazare
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna
Hazare on Wednesnight stepped up attack on Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar saying he resigning from Group of Ministers on
corruption will not serve purpose and he should quit the Union
Council of Ministers too.
"So what if he resigned from GoM, Pawar should resign as
Minister also. When he was Chief Minister, I returned the
Padmashri. Our problem has not been resolved by Pawar
resigning from GoM.
"One Pawar goes, another will come. We want a joint
committee," Hazare, who is on a fast-unto-death on Lokpal Bill
issue, told reporters reacting to Pawar`s resignation from the
Pawar earlier said that he has written a letter to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh informing him that he does not want to
be remain with the Ministerial panel. The panel is headed by
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
Pawar`s action came hours after he said that he would be
happy to be relieved from all ministerial panels, including
that on corruption.
Hazare(72) had said on Monday, "A minister like Sharad
Pawar, who is known for possessing large amounts of land in
Maharashtra, is heading a committee that will draft the (Lok
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...