Quitting GoM not enough, Pawar must quit as minister: Hazare
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna
Hazare on Wednesnight stepped up attack on Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar saying he resigning from Group of Ministers on
corruption will not serve purpose and he should quit the Union
Council of Ministers too.
"So what if he resigned from GoM, Pawar should resign as
Minister also. When he was Chief Minister, I returned the
Padmashri. Our problem has not been resolved by Pawar
resigning from GoM.
"One Pawar goes, another will come. We want a joint
committee," Hazare, who is on a fast-unto-death on Lokpal Bill
issue, told reporters reacting to Pawar`s resignation from the
Pawar earlier said that he has written a letter to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh informing him that he does not want to
be remain with the Ministerial panel. The panel is headed by
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
Pawar`s action came hours after he said that he would be
happy to be relieved from all ministerial panels, including
that on corruption.
Hazare(72) had said on Monday, "A minister like Sharad
Pawar, who is known for possessing large amounts of land in
Maharashtra, is heading a committee that will draft the (Lok
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm