Racist chants heard as Lazio set up Roma clash
Miilan: Serie A high-fliers Lazio will meet city rivals AS Roma in the Italian Cup last 16 after Edy Reja`s reserve side beat second division Albinoleffe 3-0 in the fourth round on Thursday.
The game was marred though by sporadic racist chants from Lazio fans towards visiting goalkeeper Stefano Layeni, the latest in a series of episodes which Italian soccer had hoped were consigned to the past.
Maxi Lopez scored twice to help Catania hammer Brescia 5-1 at home and seal a tie with Juventus next month when last term`s top eight from Serie A enter the much-maligned Cup.
Bologna will meet Napoli in the last 16 after a 3-0 win at fellow top flight side Cagliari in Thursday`s other game.
Genoa striker Luca Toni, who scored two late goals to down Grosseto in round three, repeated the trick in Wednesday`s 3-1 extra-time win over Serie B side Vicenza to set up a meeting with holders Inter Milan while Udinese beat Lecce 2-1.
The rest of the fourth round fixtures take place next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?