Rahman back on Oscar trail with ‘Na Na’
New Delhi: Even as the world is grooving to his winning anthem ‘Jai Ho’, AR Rahman has emerged a top contender to bag yet another Oscar this year.
Yes, the Mozart of Madras has done it again as his debut Hollywood score in blockbuster movie ‘Couple`s Retreat’ has caught the fancy of the Academy Awards. The taskmaster’s Tamil number ‘Na Na’ in the album is among the 63 songs shortlisted for nomination for the Best Song category for the 82nd Academy Awards this year.
Confirming the news, Rahman told a daily, ‘The nominations are expected to be announced on February 2’. Talking about the film Rahman said, "I like comedy. Lots of movies were offered but I felt this one wanted to use me genuinely as a composer. And I wanted to do something to experience Hollywood first and this helped a great deal".
What makes this nomination all the more special for Rahman is the fact that parts of the song has been sung by his son. "Yes, he has sung just a few bits. It`s a great start for him," said Rahman.
With a good mix of English, African, Hindi, Spanish and Sanskrit tracks, the album is likely to be a hit back home in India. And here’s hoping ‘Na Na’ gets us saying ‘Jai ho’ again!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?