Rahul attacks Mulayam, Mayawati
Bhimnagar: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday
attacked SP chief Mulayam Singh accusing him of doing nothing
for Muslims in Uttar Pradesh despite being the chief minister
"Mulayam Singh Yadav calls himself leader of Muslims....
in the last 22 years, he had been the CM thrice, but he
neither respected Muslims nor ensured their development," he
alleged at an election meeting at Chandausi.
Rahul charged BSP supremo Mayawati and the SP leader with
"just making promises".
"They come during elections, make promises and when they
win they maintain distance," he alleged.
Taking a dig at the SP chief, Rahul alleged that Mulayam
can promise anything. "He can even promise to paint the
sky green," he remarked.
On the other hand, he said, the Congress did not believe
in making hollow promises. "It believes only in work. Because
of this, I met the Prime Minister on the problems being faced
by weavers and got them resolved," the Congress leader said.
Rahul said that when he talked with weavers about loan
waiver they requested not to send money to Lucknow as `a magic
elephant` there would eat their money. `Elephant` is the
election symbol of ruling BSP.
He said if Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Sikhs stood
together a change would come to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets