Rahul Bajaj differs with son over exiting scooter segment
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto chairman Rahul Bajaj is not too happy with his son`s decision to phase out the company`s iconic scooters, but feels the decision of Rajiv Bajaj will be in the interest of the company at large.
"I am not convinced phasing out scooters is the right solution. I differ with Rajiv`s judgement, even if it may be better. I feel bad and hurt that a brand like Bajaj scooters is out," Rahul Bajaj said in an interview to NDTV.
"I can`t harm the company, its shareholders and employees. The emotional connect says do something to keep scooters going. There is a disconnect, difference of generation gap. Who knows tomorrow we may come back with a bang," says Rahul Bajaj.
Bajaj`s son Rajiv announced a few days ago that the company would totally hive-off the business that made "hamara Bajaj" a household name and concentrate on emerging as the largest producers of motorbikes in the world.
Rajiv has told NDTV that scooters was not a profitable space to be in anymore.
"People stopped buying scooters, so we stopped making them. I care less for solution from emotion and more for magic of logic. We may come back with a new category of scooters," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested