Rahul Bajaj differs with son over exiting scooter segment
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto chairman Rahul Bajaj is not too happy with his son`s decision to phase out the company`s iconic scooters, but feels the decision of Rajiv Bajaj will be in the interest of the company at large.
"I am not convinced phasing out scooters is the right solution. I differ with Rajiv`s judgement, even if it may be better. I feel bad and hurt that a brand like Bajaj scooters is out," Rahul Bajaj said in an interview to NDTV.
"I can`t harm the company, its shareholders and employees. The emotional connect says do something to keep scooters going. There is a disconnect, difference of generation gap. Who knows tomorrow we may come back with a bang," says Rahul Bajaj.
Bajaj`s son Rajiv announced a few days ago that the company would totally hive-off the business that made "hamara Bajaj" a household name and concentrate on emerging as the largest producers of motorbikes in the world.
Rajiv has told NDTV that scooters was not a profitable space to be in anymore.
"People stopped buying scooters, so we stopped making them. I care less for solution from emotion and more for magic of logic. We may come back with a new category of scooters," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh