Rahul Bajaj differs with son over exiting scooter segment
New Delhi: Bajaj Auto chairman Rahul Bajaj is not too happy with his son`s decision to phase out the company`s iconic scooters, but feels the decision of Rajiv Bajaj will be in the interest of the company at large.
"I am not convinced phasing out scooters is the right solution. I differ with Rajiv`s judgement, even if it may be better. I feel bad and hurt that a brand like Bajaj scooters is out," Rahul Bajaj said in an interview to NDTV.
"I can`t harm the company, its shareholders and employees. The emotional connect says do something to keep scooters going. There is a disconnect, difference of generation gap. Who knows tomorrow we may come back with a bang," says Rahul Bajaj.
Bajaj`s son Rajiv announced a few days ago that the company would totally hive-off the business that made "hamara Bajaj" a household name and concentrate on emerging as the largest producers of motorbikes in the world.
Rajiv has told NDTV that scooters was not a profitable space to be in anymore.
"People stopped buying scooters, so we stopped making them. I care less for solution from emotion and more for magic of logic. We may come back with a new category of scooters," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand