`Rahul can become PM at midnight if he desires`
Mathura: After his controversial comments
about imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh, Union
Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Saturday created a flutter when he
said Rahul Gandhi could become Prime Minister "even at
midnight if he so desires".
"Rahul Gandhi can become Prime Minister at 12 tonight, he
can administer the oath of office and no one can stop
that. But neither does he want to become the Prime Minister
nor the Chief Minister," he said addressing a public rally at
Jaiswal, who has expressed readiness to become the Chief
Minister if the high command so wanted, today also assured
people of the area that he will give them the "the best
ministry Mathura ever had" if they ensured the win of the
Jaiswal had triggered a controversy a couple of days by
his remarks that Gandhi would be the remote control, whoever
becomes Chief Minister of Congress in UP.
Only yesterday, the Election Commission had held prima
facie his comments on imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar
Pradesh a threat to voters and violation of Model Code of
Conduct and slapped a show cause notice on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review