Rahul Gandhi to campaign against Narendra Modi in Gujarat
New Delhi: In a bid to counter the star power of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress has decided to field its general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
On Wednesday, Congress put a confirmation stamp on the inclusion of Rahul in the list of 40 star campaigners for the first phase of Assembly Elections, scheduled to take place on December 13.
The list also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena, reported The Indian Express.
Cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, CP Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia are also part of the list.
Among the Congress CMs who would campaign for the party in Gujarat include Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list