Rahul Gandhi to campaign against Narendra Modi in Gujarat
New Delhi: In a bid to counter the star power of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress has decided to field its general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
On Wednesday, Congress put a confirmation stamp on the inclusion of Rahul in the list of 40 star campaigners for the first phase of Assembly Elections, scheduled to take place on December 13.
The list also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena, reported The Indian Express.
Cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, CP Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia are also part of the list.
Among the Congress CMs who would campaign for the party in Gujarat include Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred