Rahul Gandhi to campaign against Narendra Modi in Gujarat
New Delhi: In a bid to counter the star power of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress has decided to field its general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
On Wednesday, Congress put a confirmation stamp on the inclusion of Rahul in the list of 40 star campaigners for the first phase of Assembly Elections, scheduled to take place on December 13.
The list also includes names of party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Minister of State for Finance Namo Narayan Meena, reported The Indian Express.
Cricketer-turned-politician Mohammad Azharuddin, actor Sanjay Dutt, political secretary to Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel, Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, Salman Khurshid and Ghulam Nabi Azad, CP Joshi, Raj Babbar, Sachin Pilot and Jyotiraditya Scindia are also part of the list.
Among the Congress CMs who would campaign for the party in Gujarat include Sheila Dikshit (Delhi), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Prithviraj Chavan (Maharashtra) and Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola