Rahul links good turnout to support for Congress
Unnao: Elated over the heavy voter turnout
in the ongoing Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Congress
general secretary Rahul Gandhi today said that it is an
indication that the youth is supporting the Congress.
"Youth are supporting the Congress all over and this is
the reason that voter turnout is touching 60 to 65 per cent",
Gandhi said here.
The Congress leader who addressed two election meetings
covering four Assembly constituencies of the district, while
exhorting the voters to give five years to his party to form
the government of common people for the development of the
state, said that both the hands (government at the centre and
state) were required for speedy progress.
"Both hands are required for doing work...there is a
government at the centre and only one hand is working...give
us government in UP and both hands would work", he said.
Lashing out at Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav, he said
that the former has been chief minister four times and the
latter three times. If they return they will again make
promises but nothing would be done, he said.
He questioned whether Mayawati and Mulayam Singh has been
seen in villages in the past five years and stressed that for
politics it is essential that common people should be
He also attacked the BJP for its India Shining slogan and
Yadav for promising to transform Bundelhand saying that no
leader visited there during drought.
"I go to villages, talk to youth about development and
understand issues concerning them", he said adding that he has
come here to change the state and not talk about caste and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!