Rahul making mockery of Bundelkhand`s poverty: Uma
Mahoba: Continuing her tirade against
Rahul Gandhi, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday accused him of
making mockery of the poor in Bundelkhand region and reminded
him that she had defeated his "guru" Digvijay Singh in Madhya
"Rahul Gandhi should now stop making mockery of
poverty, starvation and poor state of affairs of Bundelkhand
region," said Bharti, who was visiting Bundelkhand for the
first time after her candidature was announced by BJP from
Charkhari assembly constituency.
Attacking Congress and BSP, the BJP leader accused the
Centre of deliberately feeding money meant for various schemes
to the "elephant", a reference to the BSP`s poll symbol.
She alleged that BSP was supporting UPA and both the
parties were indulging in shadow boxing in the state.
Exuding confidence that BJP would form government in the
state, Bharti said that people of Charkhari were "not going to
elect an MLA, but a guard".
Alleging that no one in Nehru family had used language
like Rahul, Uma said, "I defeated his guru Digvijay Singh
in Madhya Pradesh".
The BJP leader described herself as a "daughter of
National vice-president Kalraj Mishra also sought
support for Bharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!