Rahul set to woo Muslim votes at Kanpur rally
Kanpur: In a bid to woo minority community voters, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will address a rally in the Muslim-dominated Chamanganj area on Sunday.
The area has three Vidhan Sabha seats and is yet to be visited by any major political leader. The Muslim vote is the decisive factor in Aryanagar, Sisamau and Cantt seats.
Sixteen percent of the voters in the city belonged to the minority community.
Exuding confidence that the rally will be huge success, Union Minister and Kanpur MP Shriprakash Jaiswal said the party will win all the five seats in Kanpur.
Congress leaders are hoping that Rahul`s roadshow on February 20 that passes through several Muslim majority areas will attract maximum voters.
Meanwhile, the venue of the rally at the Haleem college has been taken over by the SPG and local police and is being spruced up for the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'