Rahul slams Narendra Modi for `politics of anger`, says turn to `love`
Bhuj: Hitting out at Narendra Modi, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Saturday blamed the Gujarat Chief Minister of indulging in the "politics of anger".
On the last day of campaigning for second and last phase of Gujarat Assembly Elections, Gandhi in Bhuj said: "Modi is doing politics of anger. My father, grandmother were killed - I have no anger. I have given up my anger."
He further said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) “is claiming that only one person is responsible for development of Gujarat and people of this state are not responsible for it. Modi is doing very good marketing," CNN-IBN said.
On Friday, Modi and Congress president Sonia Gandhi had locked horns over Sir Creek issue.
Sonia Gandhi had also said that the Gujarat government is making false promises to electorates.
The first phase of the election held on December 13 witnessed around 70 percent voting and both the parties are making all effort to garner vote in their favour in the second phase of polling on December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror