Rahul woos youths, promises jobs for them
Mainpuri: Alleging youths had suffered a
lot during BSP, SP and BJP regimes in Uttar Pradesh, Congress
key campaigner Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said his party, if voted to
power, would generate adequate employment opportunities for
"The Congress will ensure that people of Uttar Pradesh,
especially youths, do not have to migrate to other states for
"We will create favourable condition in the state by
generating employment opportunities for them," Rahul told an
election meeting here.
During the rule of BSP, SP and BJP in the state in the
past 22 years, the youths had suffered a lot, the Congress
general secretary said.
"For earning livelihood, the poor and the youths had to
migrate to Mumbai, Haryana, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh. In
Mumbai, the people, hailing from UP, are asked to leave after
completion of the assigned task by the Shiv Sena," he said.
Attacking the Mayawati government, the Gandhi scion said
the state`s Bundelkhand region had remained neglected during
BJP, BSP and SP dispensations.
Starving conditions prevailed in the region and no leader
from these parties had tried to help them, he said.
Taking credit for Rs 8,000 crore central package for the
Bundelkhand, the Congress leader said the money did not reach
the right place and was divered by the Mayawati government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read