Railway budget neglected Orissa: BJD MLAs
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD MLAs on Friday alleged in the assembly that the Railway budget neglected Orissa and suggested a House committee on railway visit Delhi to lodge protest.
Describing the 2009-10 Railway budget as "worst" ever for
the state, BJD MLA Kalpataru Das said Orissa got an allocation
of only Rs 715 crore as against its demand of Rs 1520 crore.
The state had last time got Rs 949.34 crore, he said
adding the injustice towards Orissa should be opposed in every
quarter. "I appeal to Congress members to support the state
government`s demand of more allocation in railways," he said.
While East Coast Railway earned Rs 5,000 crore, it did
nothing for the state, BJD MLA Sanjay Dasburma alleged.
He threatened that a statewide agitation would be
if the Railway minister did not announce more allocation for
Leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh (Cong) alleged that
Congress members were denied opportunity to speak during the
debate on the budgetary demand of steel and mines department
and accused Speaker Pradeep Amat of being "partial" towards
ruling party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo