Railway budget neglected Orissa: BJD MLAs
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD MLAs on Friday alleged in the assembly that the Railway budget neglected Orissa and suggested a House committee on railway visit Delhi to lodge protest.
Describing the 2009-10 Railway budget as "worst" ever for
the state, BJD MLA Kalpataru Das said Orissa got an allocation
of only Rs 715 crore as against its demand of Rs 1520 crore.
The state had last time got Rs 949.34 crore, he said
adding the injustice towards Orissa should be opposed in every
quarter. "I appeal to Congress members to support the state
government`s demand of more allocation in railways," he said.
While East Coast Railway earned Rs 5,000 crore, it did
nothing for the state, BJD MLA Sanjay Dasburma alleged.
He threatened that a statewide agitation would be
if the Railway minister did not announce more allocation for
Leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh (Cong) alleged that
Congress members were denied opportunity to speak during the
debate on the budgetary demand of steel and mines department
and accused Speaker Pradeep Amat of being "partial" towards
ruling party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?