Railway budget neglected Orissa: BJD MLAs
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD MLAs on Friday alleged in the assembly that the Railway budget neglected Orissa and suggested a House committee on railway visit Delhi to lodge protest.
Describing the 2009-10 Railway budget as "worst" ever for
the state, BJD MLA Kalpataru Das said Orissa got an allocation
of only Rs 715 crore as against its demand of Rs 1520 crore.
The state had last time got Rs 949.34 crore, he said
adding the injustice towards Orissa should be opposed in every
quarter. "I appeal to Congress members to support the state
government`s demand of more allocation in railways," he said.
While East Coast Railway earned Rs 5,000 crore, it did
nothing for the state, BJD MLA Sanjay Dasburma alleged.
He threatened that a statewide agitation would be
if the Railway minister did not announce more allocation for
Leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh (Cong) alleged that
Congress members were denied opportunity to speak during the
debate on the budgetary demand of steel and mines department
and accused Speaker Pradeep Amat of being "partial" towards
ruling party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index