Railway budget neglected Orissa: BJD MLAs
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD MLAs on Friday alleged in the assembly that the Railway budget neglected Orissa and suggested a House committee on railway visit Delhi to lodge protest.
Describing the 2009-10 Railway budget as "worst" ever for
the state, BJD MLA Kalpataru Das said Orissa got an allocation
of only Rs 715 crore as against its demand of Rs 1520 crore.
The state had last time got Rs 949.34 crore, he said
adding the injustice towards Orissa should be opposed in every
quarter. "I appeal to Congress members to support the state
government`s demand of more allocation in railways," he said.
While East Coast Railway earned Rs 5,000 crore, it did
nothing for the state, BJD MLA Sanjay Dasburma alleged.
He threatened that a statewide agitation would be
if the Railway minister did not announce more allocation for
Leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh (Cong) alleged that
Congress members were denied opportunity to speak during the
debate on the budgetary demand of steel and mines department
and accused Speaker Pradeep Amat of being "partial" towards
ruling party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued