Railways` freight earnings up by 4.15%
New Delhi: The Railways have generated Rs 13,766.83 crore in revenue from freight during April-June 2009 as compared to Rs 13,218.62 crore during the corresponding period last year, registering an increase of 4.15 per cent.
Railways carried 213.09 million tonnes of freight traffic
during April-June 2009 as compared to 203.00 million tonnes
during the corresponding period last year, registering an
increase of 4.97 per cent, according to an official release.
Out of the total earnings of Rs 4,551.64 crore from
freight during June 2009, Rs 1787.72 crore came from
transporting 31.82 million tonnes of coal, followed by Rs
591.63 crore from 10.25 million tonnes of iron ore for
exports, steel plants and other domestic users.
Railways earned Rs 430.50 crore from transporting 7.80
million tonnes of cement, Rs 232.34 crore from 2.33 million
tonnes of foodgrains and Rs 288.60 crore from 3.32 million
tonnes of petroleum oil and lubricant.
The PSU earned Rs 300.47 crore from transporting 2.63
million tonnes of Pig iron and finished steel from steel
plants and other points, Rs 263.24 crore from 3.68 million
tonnes of fertilizers, Rs 80.05 crore from 1.08 million tonnes
of raw material for steel plants except iron ore, Rs 232.07
crore from 2.99 million tonnes by container service and Rs
345.02 crore from 5.63 million tonnes of other goods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH