Rain affects training of India U-23 football team
Pune: The India U-23 football team that is preparing for their Olympic qualifiers haven`t got sufficient time to practice due to incessant rains. The training schedule has been affected and the players have been forced to confined to indoors.
The coach of the U-23 side Desmond Bulpin is unaffected by loss of crucial training time and is making sure that boys stay in good spirits ahead of the important matches ahead.
"The pitch is really good, but unfortunately the weather isn`t permitting us to get enough practice. But modern football goes much beyond practice sessions. So when we are not at the ground, we prefer indoor sessions," Bulpin said.
The team will be camping till June 15 from where they will proceed to Qatar. According to Bulpin, the team is gelling well and looks ready for the challenge.
"The boys look positive and the best part stays all are keen to learn. It`s a good sign," he added.
"The boys are a happy family at the moment and that`s important."
Despite being the U-23 squad, Bulpin believes the boys are mature enough to rise to the occasion.
"They have been together for more than a year now. This should help them on the field," he maintained.
The coach informed the team will now be working on the defensive organisation when the boys hit the pitch in the next practice session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred