Raj HC calls for speedier disposition of pending cases
Jaipur: Newly appointed Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Jagdish Bhalla Monday asked for the cooperation of all judicial members for expeditious disposal of pending cases in the courts.
"Pendency of cases in the courts can not be solved by only Judges but it needs cooperation of Bar also," Bhalla told reporters after his swearing-in ceremony at Raj Bhawan.
"Collective efforts of all members of judiciary is needed to clear pending cases. Cases of elderly persons should be given priority," he said, adding that use of internet and
video conferencing would prove useful in disposing off cases in a quick and efficient manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series