Rajasthan govt asks babus to welcome, send off MPs, MLAs
Jaipur: Rajasthan government has asked
bureaucrats to formally welcome and send off MPs and MLAs
whenever the lawmakers visit government offices.
"Officers (IAS,RAS) should get up from their seat when
MPs or MLAs visit their chambers and see them off with great
respect and dignity," sources said here today, quoting
an official order issued by the Administrative Reforms and
The officers have also been asked to give patient
hearings on matters raised by MLAs and MPs and they should not
be ignored at any level of the office system.
The order, which goes into effect from today, to the
bureaucrats was approved at a Congress Legislative Party
meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot during whch all
MLAs had complained of that they were not treated seriously
and with dignity by officers.
The order will be applicable to all government
departments, boards, corporations and autonomous bodies.
The order also said any MLA or MP desiring a change in
scheduled time of meeting bureaucrats should be allowed.
These public representatives should also be provided info
under the RTI Act at the earliest.
The officer should also pick up phone calls and messages
sent by MPs and MLAs.
Rajasthan Information Minister Ashok Bairwa said the
order should be seen as part the tradition of welcoming
guests and the lawmakers should be heard and given due
Congress spokesman Manish Tiwari said he would not
characterize the order to respect MPs and MLAs as a symbol of
"servitude" and said proper respect should be shown to them
when they go to government offices as they "reflect the
sovereign will" of the people.
He said it was not the first time that a state
government has issued such an order. In fact, other state
governments and even the central government had done that, he
However, P C Gupta, President of Rajasthan Federation of
Employees` Union, said there was no need for such a formal
order from the state government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed