Rajasthan High Court stays formation of ad-hoc hockey body
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court today
granted a stay on the formation of an ad-hoc hockey body in
the state which has been given affiliation by Hockey India for
its February 7 election.
Ignoring the 60-year old Rajasthan Hockey Association
(RHA), Hockey India had given affiliation to the newly formed
ad-hoc body on January 10.
Incensed at the move of the interim body, the officials
of the Rajasthan Hockey Association moved the court and sought
a stay on the formation and affiliation of the new body.
The Rajasthan Olympic Association (ROA) had also
disaffiliated RHA and that matter is also in litigation.
The RHA headed by former MLA Rajkumar Jaipal pleaded to
the court that there Association is in existence for the last
60 years, managing the affairs of the game in the state and
also has the sanctity under the Sports Act.
The Lawyer of the RHA Anil Mehta pleaded that the Hockey
India had no right to disband the RHA and grant affiliation to
an ad-hoc body.
The single bench consisting of Justice RS Chouhan of the
Rajasthan High Court Jaipur granted the stay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living