Rajdhani briefly stopped after smoke emanates from axle
Kolkata: The New Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express was briefly stopped at Talit Station near Burdwan Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming out of a coach of the train.
Railway officials said smoke came out due to heating of an axle and the B6 coach has been detached from the train at Burdwan station.
The passengers of the AC three tier coach are being accommodated in other coaches for the train`s onward journey later, officials said.
Diganta Biswas, who was travelling in B6 coach, said smoke was seen comint out from near the wheel at Talit and the train stopped with a jerk.
The train was having problems since it left Dhanbad station and was running an hour late, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'