Rajdhani briefly stopped after smoke emanates from axle
Kolkata: The New Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express was briefly stopped at Talit Station near Burdwan Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming out of a coach of the train.
Railway officials said smoke came out due to heating of an axle and the B6 coach has been detached from the train at Burdwan station.
The passengers of the AC three tier coach are being accommodated in other coaches for the train`s onward journey later, officials said.
Diganta Biswas, who was travelling in B6 coach, said smoke was seen comint out from near the wheel at Talit and the train stopped with a jerk.
The train was having problems since it left Dhanbad station and was running an hour late, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside