Rajdhani briefly stopped after smoke emanates from axle
Kolkata: The New Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express was briefly stopped at Talit Station near Burdwan Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming out of a coach of the train.
Railway officials said smoke came out due to heating of an axle and the B6 coach has been detached from the train at Burdwan station.
The passengers of the AC three tier coach are being accommodated in other coaches for the train`s onward journey later, officials said.
Diganta Biswas, who was travelling in B6 coach, said smoke was seen comint out from near the wheel at Talit and the train stopped with a jerk.
The train was having problems since it left Dhanbad station and was running an hour late, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa