Rajdhani briefly stopped after smoke emanates from axle
Kolkata: The New Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express was briefly stopped at Talit Station near Burdwan Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming out of a coach of the train.
Railway officials said smoke came out due to heating of an axle and the B6 coach has been detached from the train at Burdwan station.
The passengers of the AC three tier coach are being accommodated in other coaches for the train`s onward journey later, officials said.
Diganta Biswas, who was travelling in B6 coach, said smoke was seen comint out from near the wheel at Talit and the train stopped with a jerk.
The train was having problems since it left Dhanbad station and was running an hour late, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding