Rajdhani briefly stopped after smoke emanates from axle
Kolkata: The New Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express was briefly stopped at Talit Station near Burdwan Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming out of a coach of the train.
Railway officials said smoke came out due to heating of an axle and the B6 coach has been detached from the train at Burdwan station.
The passengers of the AC three tier coach are being accommodated in other coaches for the train`s onward journey later, officials said.
Diganta Biswas, who was travelling in B6 coach, said smoke was seen comint out from near the wheel at Talit and the train stopped with a jerk.
The train was having problems since it left Dhanbad station and was running an hour late, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed