Rajdhani, Shatabdi to lose colour at a cost: The Times of India
New Delhi: Two years after the Railways decided to turn Rajdhanis into a profit-making unit, it has now decided to offer more space inside trains for advertisement to augment revenue. This comes as part of unique PPP model where Railways is looking at increasing private participation to cut down costs.
However, for this to happen, the Rajdhanis and Shatabdis might just have to lose their unique red and blue coloured coaches.
According to Railway Board sources, each zone will be asked to identify five trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi-class of trains for utilizing their space for product promotion.
‘‘Along with advertising their products, the clients will also be responsible for the upkeep of coaches, cleanliness and onboard sanitation in coaches,’’ said a railway official.
The reserve price for product promotion has been fixed at Rs 1 crore in Rajdhani trains and Rs 50 lakh for Shatabdi trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?