Rajdhani, Shatabdi to lose colour at a cost: The Times of India
New Delhi: Two years after the Railways decided to turn Rajdhanis into a profit-making unit, it has now decided to offer more space inside trains for advertisement to augment revenue. This comes as part of unique PPP model where Railways is looking at increasing private participation to cut down costs.
However, for this to happen, the Rajdhanis and Shatabdis might just have to lose their unique red and blue coloured coaches.
According to Railway Board sources, each zone will be asked to identify five trains including Rajdhani and Shatabdi-class of trains for utilizing their space for product promotion.
‘‘Along with advertising their products, the clients will also be responsible for the upkeep of coaches, cleanliness and onboard sanitation in coaches,’’ said a railway official.
The reserve price for product promotion has been fixed at Rs 1 crore in Rajdhani trains and Rs 50 lakh for Shatabdi trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!