Raju files petition seeking original chargesheet documents
Hyderabad: The counsel for the disgraced
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju has filed
a petition in a local court seeking some of the original
documents of the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the
multi-crore accounting fraud in the IT firm.
In an application, the counsel requested the court to
make available some of the crucial original documents of the
chargesheet for examination as the photocopies provided
earlier were not readable, CBI prosecutor T Venkat Ramana
"The matter in this regard will come up in the court on
August 19," he told a news agency today.
The charge-sheet in the case was filed by the CBI on April
7, and a copy was handed over to the defence counsels in the
court on May 5.
The copy of the chargesheet includes 1,532 original
documents, lists of witnesses and copies of statements
recorded among other documents.
Meanwhile, in another development, the court dismissed a
plea by Ramalinga Raju`s sons, Teja Raju and Rama Raju, for
defreezing their bank accounts and for returning properties
seized during searches, the CBI counsel said.
The court said the applications were premature as the
investigation agency was still in the process of collecting
information from forensic experts on the seized articles.
Teja Raju, vice-chairman of Maytas Infra, had prayed the
court in a petition in May to defreeze three saving bank
accounts in HDFC banks in the city, while his brother Rama
Raju, vice-chairman of Maytas Properties, had sought direction
on return of electronic articles seized by the CID from his
Jubilee Hills residence, stating that the CDs, computers and
pen drives have study material for his wife`s MA thesis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’