Raju files petition seeking original chargesheet documents
Hyderabad: The counsel for the disgraced
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju has filed
a petition in a local court seeking some of the original
documents of the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the
multi-crore accounting fraud in the IT firm.
In an application, the counsel requested the court to
make available some of the crucial original documents of the
chargesheet for examination as the photocopies provided
earlier were not readable, CBI prosecutor T Venkat Ramana
"The matter in this regard will come up in the court on
August 19," he told a news agency today.
The charge-sheet in the case was filed by the CBI on April
7, and a copy was handed over to the defence counsels in the
court on May 5.
The copy of the chargesheet includes 1,532 original
documents, lists of witnesses and copies of statements
recorded among other documents.
Meanwhile, in another development, the court dismissed a
plea by Ramalinga Raju`s sons, Teja Raju and Rama Raju, for
defreezing their bank accounts and for returning properties
seized during searches, the CBI counsel said.
The court said the applications were premature as the
investigation agency was still in the process of collecting
information from forensic experts on the seized articles.
Teja Raju, vice-chairman of Maytas Infra, had prayed the
court in a petition in May to defreeze three saving bank
accounts in HDFC banks in the city, while his brother Rama
Raju, vice-chairman of Maytas Properties, had sought direction
on return of electronic articles seized by the CID from his
Jubilee Hills residence, stating that the CDs, computers and
pen drives have study material for his wife`s MA thesis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks