Rakesh Masih suffers minor ankle sprain
Gurgaon: Mohun Bagan midfielder Rakesh Masih
today suffered a minor ankle sprain during Indian football
team`s training at the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex here ahead
of the August 19-31 Nehru Cup in New Delhi.
Masih was immediately taken to a nearby hospital and
X-ray results showed no signs of major injury. He has been
advised rest for a couple of days.
"It is just a minor sprain. Doctors said there is nothing
to worry about it. There were no signs of major injury in the
X-ray report and the doctor has asked me to take rest," Masih
"We took a colour X-ray immediately and the result showed
a minor sprain. There is nothing to worry about. Team doctor
said he will be OK after taking rest, may be for two days," a
team source said.
Meanwhile, the players had a two-hour long training
session under the watchful eyes of coach Bob Houghton.
The players had a brief warm-up session which was
followed by shooting practice. They later had short matches of
15 minutes each by dividing themselves into three teams.
Striker Sunil Chettri showed further signs of improvement
on his ankle injury and had some good shots at the goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani