Ram Chettri, Suman Rai return from Bayern training
Gangtok: Ram Chettri and Suman Rai of Boy’s Club are back from a coaching camp with the Bayern Munich football club in Germany.
They were among six footballers from India selected by the Bayern Munich to train in Germany under a special scheme.
Two players each from Lajong FC and Kolkata had also participated in the training.
Of the 45 players shortlisted from all over India, only six were selected for the all-expenses paid coaching camp in Germany.
Ram is a student of class VIII at Arithang JHS while Suman studies in class VIII at Rongneck JHS.
Speaking to media persons during a practice session on Wednesday, they said during their training stint from July 19 to July 29, they learned many new techniques and skills from the Bayern Munich coaches.
“This golden opportunity has increased our confidence and inspired us to play even better football,” they said.
They shared that they were very happy and excited to watch players like David Villa, Powell, Muller and other international players along with the players and coaches of Bayern Munich.
They said that players of the club were fast and technically polished and it was a whole new experience to play with them. “We were very nervous at first but as days passed we gained more confidence,” they added.
They said they have been teaching techniques and skills learnt during the camp to their friends here.
The Boy’s Club general secretary, Nima Thendup, mentioned that it was a golden opportunity for local players to meet soccer stars of the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL