Ramesh Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: World Wrestling Championship
bronze-medallist Ramesh Kumar returned home to a tumultuous
welcome in the wee hours at the Indira Gandhi International
Airport here today.
The Haryana grappler was received by officials and
garlanded amid hundreds of people who had gathered at the IGI
"This is a great day for Indian wrestling. I`m happy my
hard work has paid off and I am sure the future of Indian
wrestling will be brighter in the coming days," Ramesh said.
Ramesh defeated Alexandr Burca of Moldova in 74kg
category to become the first Indian in 42 years to clinch a
freestyle medal in world championship at Herning, Denmark.
Vishambhar Singh was the last Indian wrestler who bagged
a freestyle silver medal in the 1967 World Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price