Ramesh Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: World Wrestling Championship
bronze-medallist Ramesh Kumar returned home to a tumultuous
welcome in the wee hours at the Indira Gandhi International
Airport here today.
The Haryana grappler was received by officials and
garlanded amid hundreds of people who had gathered at the IGI
"This is a great day for Indian wrestling. I`m happy my
hard work has paid off and I am sure the future of Indian
wrestling will be brighter in the coming days," Ramesh said.
Ramesh defeated Alexandr Burca of Moldova in 74kg
category to become the first Indian in 42 years to clinch a
freestyle medal in world championship at Herning, Denmark.
Vishambhar Singh was the last Indian wrestler who bagged
a freestyle silver medal in the 1967 World Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?