Ramesh Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: World Wrestling Championship
bronze-medallist Ramesh Kumar returned home to a tumultuous
welcome in the wee hours at the Indira Gandhi International
Airport here today.
The Haryana grappler was received by officials and
garlanded amid hundreds of people who had gathered at the IGI
"This is a great day for Indian wrestling. I`m happy my
hard work has paid off and I am sure the future of Indian
wrestling will be brighter in the coming days," Ramesh said.
Ramesh defeated Alexandr Burca of Moldova in 74kg
category to become the first Indian in 42 years to clinch a
freestyle medal in world championship at Herning, Denmark.
Vishambhar Singh was the last Indian wrestler who bagged
a freestyle silver medal in the 1967 World Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui