Ramesh Kumar returns home to a hero`s welcome
New Delhi: World Wrestling Championship
bronze-medallist Ramesh Kumar returned home to a tumultuous
welcome in the wee hours at the Indira Gandhi International
Airport here today.
The Haryana grappler was received by officials and
garlanded amid hundreds of people who had gathered at the IGI
"This is a great day for Indian wrestling. I`m happy my
hard work has paid off and I am sure the future of Indian
wrestling will be brighter in the coming days," Ramesh said.
Ramesh defeated Alexandr Burca of Moldova in 74kg
category to become the first Indian in 42 years to clinch a
freestyle medal in world championship at Herning, Denmark.
Vishambhar Singh was the last Indian wrestler who bagged
a freestyle silver medal in the 1967 World Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley