Randhawa, Muniyappa face exit, Weather hits Ballantine C`ship
Jeju Island (Korea): Gaganjeet Bhullar could not even start his second round, while Jyoti Randhawa and C Muniyappa are set to make an early exit from the weather-hit Ballantine`s Championship golf tournament after returning identical two-over 74 today.
Bhullar, who had opened his account with a strong
four-under 68, remained indoor as inclement weather hit the
USD 2.9 million showpiece event, sanctioned by the Asian Tour,
European Tour and the Korea PGA.
In fact, the opening round fog disruption, where almost
six hours of play was lost, left officials with no choice but
to reduce the tournament to three rounds so as to ensure a
Among other Indians in fray, Delhi golfer Shiv Kapur
(143) followed his opening round 70 with a one-over 73 to lie
It is, however, going to be end of all roads for the
Indian quartet of Randhawa (146), C Muniyappa (147), Himmat
Rai (158) and Anirban Lahiri (162) who are set to fall outside
the cutline which would be set at 144.
Randhawa managed only two birdies in his round of 74,
which had four bogeys in it.
Muniyappa also needed a sub-par card to hang around but
he too dropped four bogeys, as against a couple of birdies, to
Thailand`s Thongchai Jaidee kept up his title defence by
carding five-under 67 to take a share of the clubhouse lead.
Argentina`s Tano Goya posted a 70 to move atop the
leaderboard alongside Thongchai on a two-day total of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought