Rangasamy led AINRC government completes one year
Puducherry: The Rangasamy led AINRC government in Puducherry completed one year in office on Wednesday.
Founder of the party and Chief Minister N Rangasamy distributed sweets to the cadres and also to legislators at a function held at the party office today.
Rangasamy garlanded the portraits of Mahatma Gandhi, the former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Kamaraj and also his spiritual guru `Appa Pythiaswamy` at the party office.
He later called on the Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh at Rajnivas.
Rangasamy broke away from the Congress in January last year and floated his party in February. The AINRC which fought the Assembly polls in April last year in alliance with the AIADMK annexed 15 out of 17 seats while the AIADMK bagged five out of ten seats it sought to annex. The communist parties and the DMDK who were allies of the AINRC at the poll however drew a blank.
While forming the government Mr.Rangasamy however ditched the AIADMK and formed the government with the outside support of the lone Independent member V M C Sivakumar bringing the total strength of AINRC led front to 16 in the 30 member Assembly.
Rangasamy first assumed office of Chief Minister on May 16 last year and the ministry was expanded in a phased manner for induction of five ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof