Rangasamy to urge Centre for more cyclone relief
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N
Rangasamy on Friday said he would soon leave for New Delhi to
persuade the Centre to sanction more funds to the Union
Territory to tackle the situation arising out of the Thane
cyclone that has devastated agriculture, fisheries and dairy
farming in Puducherry.
Puducherry government had, on its part, initiated steps to
mitigate the agony of the suffering farmers and others,
Rangasamy told reporters here.
The Centre had announced an
interim relief of Rs 125 crores for Puducherry. "I will meet
the Union Home Minister and others with a plea for sanction of
more funds for Puducherry".
Puducherry government had projected the loss arising out of
the cyclone at Rs 2,500 crores. Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram had visited various cyclone-hit villages here on
January 3. A Central team also visited Puducherry subsequently
for an assessment of the loss and submitted a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH