Rangasamy unfurls national flag on I-Day
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Wednesday unfurled the national tri-colour to mark the 66th Independence Day in the Union territory.
He distribution President`s Police Medals for meritorious services to Inspector of Police N Hemachandran, two sub inspectors S Kaliaperumal and A Krishnaraj.
He also handed over of the Chief Minister`s Police medals to a Sub inspector T Sargunan, to Head Constables V Govindarajulu and Nanna John Piara John.
Five police personnel were presented Rajiv Gandhi Meritorious Police Service medals on the occasion. The Chief Minister also handed the Trophy to the Police sub Inspector P Krishnan of Muthialpet police station under a scheme to felicitate best maintained police station.
Volunteers of National Cadet Corps Puducherry including girls wing were presented medals and certificates in recognition of their best performance at various events.
The highlight of the celebration was handing over of a memento by the Chief Minister to the 65 year old progressive agriculturist T Venkatapathy Reddiar of Koodapakkam village in Puducherry who was honoured by the Central government in April this year with `Padma Shree award` for his innovative practices in cultivating crossandra and casuarinas.
Earlier Chief Minister inspected guard of honour presented by the Police and by various contingents of schools and ex-servicemen and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police