Rangasamy unfurls national flag on I-Day
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Wednesday unfurled the national tri-colour to mark the 66th Independence Day in the Union territory.
He distribution President`s Police Medals for meritorious services to Inspector of Police N Hemachandran, two sub inspectors S Kaliaperumal and A Krishnaraj.
He also handed over of the Chief Minister`s Police medals to a Sub inspector T Sargunan, to Head Constables V Govindarajulu and Nanna John Piara John.
Five police personnel were presented Rajiv Gandhi Meritorious Police Service medals on the occasion. The Chief Minister also handed the Trophy to the Police sub Inspector P Krishnan of Muthialpet police station under a scheme to felicitate best maintained police station.
Volunteers of National Cadet Corps Puducherry including girls wing were presented medals and certificates in recognition of their best performance at various events.
The highlight of the celebration was handing over of a memento by the Chief Minister to the 65 year old progressive agriculturist T Venkatapathy Reddiar of Koodapakkam village in Puducherry who was honoured by the Central government in April this year with `Padma Shree award` for his innovative practices in cultivating crossandra and casuarinas.
Earlier Chief Minister inspected guard of honour presented by the Police and by various contingents of schools and ex-servicemen and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter