Ratan Tata conferred with Doctor of Laws degree
Mumbai: Ratan Tata, Chairman of Tata group, has been conferred with the degree of Honorary Doctor of Laws by the President and Board of Regents of Pepperdine University at a formal ceremony in Mumbai.
Presenting the honorary degree to Tata, President A Benton of Pepperdine University said, "Ratan Tata is a shining example of what it means to be a successful businessman, a role model for thousands of workers not only in India but around the globe, a champion of free enterprise, and a humanitarian whose philanthropic work has benefited disadvantaged people of all nationalities.
Pepperdine University is a medium sized university in California, US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened