Rathore called Ruchika a girl of loose morals: The Times of India
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore had allegedly used Ruchika’s expulsion from school to weaken the initial inquiry into the molestation allegations by portraying her as a ‘‘loose character girl.’’ The teenager was thrown out of her Sacred Heart school soon after she complained against the top cop.
Madhu Prakash in her statement given to sub-divisional magistrate (south), Chandigarh, claimed: ‘‘S P S Rathore had submitted a representation in the last week of September 1990 stating that Ruchika was a girl of loose morals, who already stands expelled from the school.’’
‘‘This was apparently done by Rathore to evade harsher punishment,’’ said Anand Prakash, father of lone
eye-witness Aradhana. The former DGP in his statement given to SDM (south) stated that he did not remember whether he ever submitted such a representation to CBI or Haryana Government in 1990 or any time thereafter.
However Anand Prakash, Girhotra’s family friend, said: ‘‘It was September 27, 1990, when Rathore submitted a representation to the state government citing her expulsion from school as a result of her being a loose character girl.’’
It was after this representation that the government decided to initiate a departmental inquiry against Rathore under the Employees Conduct Rule. And instead of registering an FIR against him, the government issued a department charge-sheet to Rathore. According to Prakash, the file in which this document lies is still in government possession.
This point comes up in the school inquiry report prepared by the Chandigarh administration. Clearing the air, the inquiry officer said in the report: ‘‘He (Rathore) nowhere states that he never made any such representation to the CBI or the Haryana Government. His answer is neither in the affirmative nor negative.’’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway