Rathore wins double trap gold in shooting nationals
New Delhi: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore won the double trap gold medal but there was disappointment for world record holder Ronjan Sodhi on the first day of the
National Shooting Championships that got underway at the Karni Singh Shooting Range here on Tuesday.
The Athens Olympics silver medallist, representing Army, shot 138 in qualification and 42 in the final to clinch the yellow metal, while Delhi’s Vikram Bhatnagar won the silver medal with scores of 131 and 43. Uttar Pradesh’s Mohd Asab bagged the bronze medal after he shot 138 and 39.
For Sodhi however, things didn’t pan out the way he would have expected. A fourth-place finish with scores of 131 and 43 was not exactly what the Guangzhou Asian Games gold medallist was expecting.
There was double delight for Bihar’s Shreyasi Singh who won the senior as well as junior national meet after she aggregated 90 and 14, respectively.
The year’s first major competition, this championship gains significance as the scores here will become the base for the selection of future teams, as per the new shot gun policy formulated by the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie