`Ravana` gang leader arrested after gun battle
New Delhi: A 28-year-old village pradhan,
alleged leader of `Ravana gang` which unleashed a reign of
terror in neighbouring Noida, was arrested in the national
capital after a brief gun battle, police said on Monday.
Narender Bhatti alias `Ravana`, against whom a reward of
Rs 50,000 was declared by UP Police, was caught from Bishma
Pitamah Marg near JN Stadium around 10.15 pm yesterday, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) HGS Dhaliwal said.
"A police team intercepted him but sensing the police
dragnet, he abandoned his motorcycle and ran inside the street
towards PV Hostel. He also opened fire twice at the chasing
police party. Police also retaliated the fire," Dhaliwal said.
An automatic US-made 9 mm pistol with two live and two
used cartridges and three live cartridges of .315 bore pistol
and a stolen motorcycle have so far been recovered from him.
Bhatti was allegedly involved in the murder of Vinod
Goel, president of Traders` Association, in Dadri last week
after he raised his voice against the gang`s regular extortion
His gang had allegedly opened fire on the police parties
which went to arrest them in Rithaudi and Nangla Nain Sukh
During interrogation, Dhaliwal claimed, Bhatti told police
that he entered the world of crime in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail