`Ravana` gang leader arrested after gun battle
New Delhi: A 28-year-old village pradhan,
alleged leader of `Ravana gang` which unleashed a reign of
terror in neighbouring Noida, was arrested in the national
capital after a brief gun battle, police said on Monday.
Narender Bhatti alias `Ravana`, against whom a reward of
Rs 50,000 was declared by UP Police, was caught from Bishma
Pitamah Marg near JN Stadium around 10.15 pm yesterday, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) HGS Dhaliwal said.
"A police team intercepted him but sensing the police
dragnet, he abandoned his motorcycle and ran inside the street
towards PV Hostel. He also opened fire twice at the chasing
police party. Police also retaliated the fire," Dhaliwal said.
An automatic US-made 9 mm pistol with two live and two
used cartridges and three live cartridges of .315 bore pistol
and a stolen motorcycle have so far been recovered from him.
Bhatti was allegedly involved in the murder of Vinod
Goel, president of Traders` Association, in Dadri last week
after he raised his voice against the gang`s regular extortion
His gang had allegedly opened fire on the police parties
which went to arrest them in Rithaudi and Nangla Nain Sukh
During interrogation, Dhaliwal claimed, Bhatti told police
that he entered the world of crime in 1998.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India